Pages

Tuesday 21 August 2012

Practical Completion Completed

We had our practical completion inspection yesterday, and Warren went away with a laundry list of things to address. Some small, some big, but none of them were a problem, and all would be fixed.
The ensuite glass shower screen door had been chipped at the very top corner. Warren said 'not good enough, we'll get it replaced'. Plus there were a couple of other minor things. All of which are noted and will be fixed.
So now, I've gotten the place insured and am waiting on the interim occupation certificate.
Then we'll have the final payment drawn up as a bank cheque, then off to Wisdom head office to pick up some keys!!.

After more than 12 months in the making, it's kinda hard to realise that the day we've been waiting for is now upon us.

It will be a new chapter.
And I haven't even mentioned that I was given a 'redeployment' notice from my 'globally resourced outsourcing company' and will enjoy a period of time settling into the house before starting a new chapter in my work life!.

2012 has been quite a year.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, your blog is great.
    I enjoy it!

    I also build with Wisdom and our PCi is next week.
    I didn't know that we have to insure the house a day after PCi, is that correct ?
    So that means the house is our responsibility after PCI?
    When do you have to handover the final cheque?

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete